Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Arda's time has drawn to an end, as all good things must. Remember it with fondness, and may it rest in peace.

Goodbye, everyone, I loved you all and Arda very dearly.
۩ Lothlómendil

Former members may still log in and view all the old posts (now showing all posts, not just in-character and profiles), but the board is unavailable to new registrants and officially read-only. The CBox is still functional and many people still stop by to say hello.

This site's host, InvisionFree (zIFBoards), is transferring all the boards they host to their updated platform known as ZetaBoards as of an announcement on 7/17/2017. Arda has been converted as of January 2018. You can expect to see some visual changes when you visit, but all data (posts, accounts, forums, etc) remains intact.

Additionally, Photobucket stopped allowing hotlinking from its free accounts in 2017 so many images are currently "missing."
All files are still safely stored and awaiting transfer to a better hosting solution. You can read here for more info.

Per an additional announcement on 5/7/18, this board is being converted a second time, this time to TapaTalk from ZetaBoards. Details pending further information.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Board Closure
Topic Started: Jul 26 2008, 12:57 PM (4,778 Views)
Vaudeux Jupiter
Member Avatar
Former Guardian of Fire, Former Co-Admin, ERPer
Ardians
Dearest members,

All great things must come to an end and, due to recent extraneous situations, the place you've grown to love -known as Arda- must too. It's important to remember not to place the blame on one sole person for the downfall of this long withstanding and outstanding community, for it has been a collaborative effort on all of us to see this place to its rightful end. Please don't be sorrowful, but try and remember the good times Arda has brought to you for however long you've been apart of its prosperous journey.
For now we're closing up the board in a week, so it's suggested you gather every bit of your own work that you wish to save and try and make contacts of all those who you still wish to still speak to. Though Arda may not still be around, we hope it still brings joy to your heart when you recollect upon it. So with a large sigh and a heavy heart I must relay this message.

Rest in Peace Arda, we loved you.
[align=center]
Posted Image[/align]

The War of the Wild
Tempted in the Glow

[align=center]
Posted Image[/align]
[align=center] Up in Flames

[/align]

[align=right]Quotes
Art
[/align]
[align=center]Recently Purchased/Recieved[/align]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aralishia
Member Avatar

Ardians
All I can say, and all that would be appropriate, is..

Why? :'(
Posted Image - (Have I mentioned lately how much Sarty PWNs?)

Be prepared to be PWNed, Shadovar! BADI is coming back!

Quote:

He could see realization dawn in her eyes- they were unique eyes he realized. He would have sworn they were blue but now they seemed to be subtly changing, as if that brief forage into her memories showed themselves in her eyes. Honest Eyes, his clan would have called them. Extremely rare and also a sign of good luck.

~Geis Coldfur, aka Undeady :wub:

[align=center] (\_/)(o.o)(><)
Click Me!

Posted Image
Aralishia's Image Shop! Free of Charge!
Name: Aralishia Artemis Bandaar
Race: Elf
Class: Ranger
Alignment: True Neutral
Height: 6 feet
Weight: 134 pounds
Hair: Saphire Blue
Eyes: Crystal Saphire
Build: A thin, tall build, but completely graceless with slightly lanky limbs
Element: Nature: Earth
Personality: Aralishia is a tormented soul who battles with two completely different personalities, one from her pure elfish heritage, ane one from her lupine heritage. A reflection of her mother (lupine) and father (elf), Ara has inherited several undesirable qualities from her father. From her mother, she recieves traits that deeply conflict with her father.
This conflict of battling personalities, one of her father and one of her mother, battling over their wills inside one pitiful soul, has left Aralishia at a loss.
Skills: Handling animals, Knowledge- Wilderness
Feat: Weapon Focus- Sword

Alternate Accounts: Innocence (Destiny Rei)[/align]

[align=right]Thank you Saint Marcus!
Extended Character Description
The Journal of Aralishia Bandaar
Post Inventory
Ara's Themesong 1- The Soggy Bottom Boys
[/align]

[align=left]
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
·│▒│ /▒/
·│▒│/▒/
·│▒ /▒/─┬─┐◯
·│▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│◯
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
◯└┐▒▒▒▒┌
Peace. [/align]

Recently Received
Posted Image – Stash of Gold, Posted Image - 110 gold (I'm supposed to be the voracious gift-giver! XD Here's something for a birthday missed. -Geis), Posted Image - Dreadsnout (And for a Valentine too. :$ -Undeady), Posted Image - Order of Locks

Mazzer
Member Avatar
Former God of Light, Former Co-Admin
Ardians
I really hate to see drama like this destroy a board. I really do.

Lomen, you were always a cool cat, and thats what you'll always be to me. Sorry to see the board go down like this. It pains me. :(

I guess thats all I have to say. Goodbye Arda, it was a good four years.

Member #22, signing out.
[align=center]

-+-
[Inventory|Themsong|Description]
-+-
Name: Mazzer / Astrum
Race: Was Atani, turned Elf
Height: 5'10
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Flower Vendor
Element: Sun

Recently Purchased
[/align]

Phedre
Member Avatar
Former Co-Admin, ERPer
Ardians
To all who feel abandoned, PM me.

We made this board as much as she did.

Peace out... and i'm so sorry that the order of doors failed again.
I suck at patience....

Dark Wraith
Member Avatar
Former Guardian of Shadows, Former Co-Admin, ERPer
Ardians
Aralishia,Sat, 26 Jul 08
2:06 PM

Why? :'(

You need look no further than this topic for a reason why.

I am so terribly saddened that it had to come to this. Multiple unreasonable people doing selfish and bitter things have lead to the destruction of the work of thousands of people. It's tragic, absolutely tragic, and I wish I could relay more details.

I would highly encourage all of Arda's members to check out our affiliates for a place to better spend their talents. Check out the Fun Websites forum as well. The staff may or may not be creating a board of our own, this is yet to be decided.

I would like it noted that most of the staff opposed this, including me, and that this is solely Loth's decision.
[align=center]Posted Image
The Shadovar Concordance

The Covenant

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: Xoco
Race: Ainur - Maiar
Class: Shadowblade
Alignment: Evil
Extended Description
Inventory | Current Topics
Theme Song | Donate | Hire me!

[/align]
[align=center]
Recently Purchased
Posted Image - Bart the Beetle (I wasn't kidding, from Ita)

[/align]
[align=right]Posted Image
[/align]

Ethari Xilophent
Member Avatar

Ardians
I feel horrible! I love Arda, it is the perfect site! Why must it go! :bye:
Posted Image
[align=center]
Name: Ethari Xilophent
Race: Angel
Class: Paladin
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Height: 6'1
Weight: 169 lbs
Hair: Eye length silver
Eyes: Bright Blue
Build: Average, slightly muscular
Element: Order
Personality: He is strong and fearlessly cuts down his foes. He is quite to others except for those in need and his friends. He has a helping nature to those to need to be helped but is very aggressive to evil. When it comes to Chaos, he is a different person entirly, willing to speak out to destroy the source and help those who are in danger
Skills: Great Agility, Diplomacy
Feat: Combat Casting
Flaws: Shy, Paranoid
Starting Equipment: Longsword, BackPack, Infravision

Ethari's Arsenal of Balance
[/align]

Recently Received/Purchased:
Posted Image - Tip the Scales

Skertin
Member Avatar

Ardians
Okay, it looks like Ardians will be flocking about randomly without any real direction. A few people have ideas of making a new site or something. I don't know what you'll all do with the week given, but I intend to save a few profiles and maybe a good post or two and keep on going. Losing Arda will leave a hole in my life, it's what I've done with my spare time for almost 3/4ths of a year now. To others they've been here MUCH longer than that, so I'm not certain how it feels to be losing what was considered a "constant placement" for four years.

For now, I can offer a place to temporarily congregate and organize yourselves if you want. (Or Arda gets zapped before you're ready.) It's jsut a small site not meant for much, but it could at least serve as temporary quarters for any displaced Ardians. On there I am "ZOMGZ".

Nationstates Ea

My AIM is Envy990
My MSN is phsykerz@hotmail.com

Goodluck, and (Insert Lame-Edit picture here)
Recently Purchased
Posted Image - Stone Skin, Posted Image - Spiderweb, Posted Image - Ice Grip, Posted Image - Phase, Posted Image - Bull's Strength (I heard you were trying to save up. Here's something to get you started. MAJOR LUFFS FROM ITA! =3), Posted Image - Foresight, Posted Image - Spiked Bracelet, Posted Image - Pendant of Intuition, Posted Image Posted Image – 2 Spring Flowers (one for you and one for a friend!), Posted Image - Fireball, Posted Image - Magical Net (To keep certain "things" from fleeing! - Nate), Posted Image - Girdle (To hide that weight gain! - Nate), Posted Image - Rose (To Mistress Alice From Your Loyal Harem Half-Dragon. -Arthur), Posted Image - 50 ft Silk Rope (To Mistress Alice so you can keep those others in the harem from escaping. Your Favorite Half-Dragon. -Arthur), Posted Image - Plasma Dragon Hatchling, Posted Image - Draconic Might

Skertin's Profile
Quote:

Nathaniel: My post is like one of those quests in the games. First I need to go there and get this, then find this person and tell them that, etc. etc.

Nathaniel M. Rystoff
Member Avatar

Ardians
That topic is causing this? A shame no one was told Arda wasn't a democracy before this occurred. :rolleyes:
Name: Nathaniel M. Rystoff
Race: Human
Height: 6'2
Weight: 210
Element: General; Chaos
Skills: Heal, Diplomacy, Intimidate
Feat: Alertness
[align=center]
Posted Image
The Shadovar Concordance

The Marauders[/align]

[align=center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Extended Description
A Warrior's Belongings
Want to review Nathaniel?
Nathaniel's Journal
Wishlist

Posted Image[/align]
Recently Purchased
Posted Image - Haunt, Posted Image - Infravision, Posted Image - Royal Hound

Johnny
Member Avatar

Ardians
Dark Wraith,Sat, 26 Jul 08
1:24 PM
Aralishia,Sat, 26 Jul 08
2:06 PM

Why?  :'(

You need look no further than this topic for a reason why.

I am so terribly saddened that it had to come to this. Multiple unreasonable people doing selfish and bitter things have lead to the destruction of the work of thousands of people. It's tragic, absolutely tragic, and I wish I could relay more details.

I would highly encourage all of Arda's members to check out our affiliates for a place to better spend their talents. Check out the Fun Websites forum as well. The staff may or may not be creating a board of our own, this is yet to be decided.

I would like it noted that most of the staff opposed this, including me, and that this is solely Loth's decision.

Flaming to the last.

Cheers for the ride guys. Spent a good few years hear and I'd like to think I made a mark as Samarin, Snori, Omurn, Irienys and Tilorn more than any drama OOC. It was a good run, to bad about the ending.

Vivianne
Member Avatar

Ardians
The moral of this story is: Loth shouldn't have made a feedback forum if she didn't want feedback.
This user, in a final display of protest against Arda being closed, will not post nor use the Cbox.

Perhaps because Loth flipped the off switch on both of them.

Other notable removal of privileges:
Paul(albeit he deserved it. Use of the Die Hard slogan)
Ita(Did not deserve it)

En Liradan
Foeirón
Level:
Five[/align]

[align=center]Need a guild? Open to good/neutral characters![/align]

Avatar Credit to Vau-deh-ux Juh-pih-tah.
Naiadtastic
Purse Woes
Theme - Forfeit

"We play the blaming game!" ~Chevelle

[align=center]"The fire that is encrusted in your veins throbs vehemently with that passion that is the Wyrm."[/align][align=right]DM2, Call of the Wild Topic 3[/align]

Recently Purchased

Culufin
Member Avatar

Ardians
" 'Yes,' said Gandalf; 'for it will be better to ride back three together than one alone. Well, here at last, dear friends, on the shores of the Sea comes the end of our fellowship in Middle-earth. Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.'

Then Frodo kissed Merry and Pippin, and last of all Sam, and went aboard; and the sails were drawn up, and the wind blew, and slowly the ship slipped away down the long grey firth; and the light of the glass of Galariel that Frodo bore glimmered and was lost. And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West..." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Goodbye Arda!
[align=center]Name: Culufin Kir-Edhel (Culufin was the name given at birth. Kir-Edhel, although it is rare for elves to have one, is the surname given to Culufin after leaving Yomeniampa.)
Race: Paredhel; The child of a man who conquered the heart of an elven maiden and then left her to bear their love-child alone. Culufin has chosen to live the life of the Eldar, though his bastard heritage has not gained him their love.
Class: Ranger
Alignment: True Neutral/ Neutral Good.
Age: Many seasons have passed since his birth, though he is young by the ways of the elves and a graybeard to those of the humans
Hair: Auburn, the legacy of his father.
Eyes: As green as the leaves of Yomeniampa
Build: He carries himself with the grace of an elf, though his lithe frame carries a more toned musculature than that of his people.
Element: N/A
Personality: A man with a chip on his shoulder and a grudge to carry, Culufin is bitter and has little patience for any but himself. His wrath is quick to come and can be long to stay, but his heart is generous and his ways, kind, beneath his hardened exterior.
Skills: Great Agility, Knowledge-Wilderness
Feat: Weapon Focus: Sword, Combat Reflexes
Fighter Abilities: Parry, Dodge, Riposte, Might, Defend.
Flaws: Short-Tempered, Selfish, Impatient, Prejudiced.
Starting Equipment: Longsword, Cloak, Minor Heal

Gear and Wishlist

Current Topics

Recently Received[/align]
Posted Image - Resplendent Bracers (Happy birthday, Willeh! -Lothy), Posted Image - Studded Elven Leather Armor, Posted Image - Elven Lite Shield, Posted Image - Order of Locks

Dashiel Tansen
Member Avatar

Ardians
Oops.

Note: too much dancing in the cbox gets your IP address banned.

Oh well.

Just as a reminder to anybody who may be interested...

MSN: psiren@x-men.com

Ciao! To quote the eminently wonderful Rocco from Boondock Saints ... "Catch you on the flipside..."
Name: Dashiel Tansen
Race: Outwardly human. See detailed history.
Class: Rogue
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 185lbs
Hair: Reddish-brown
Eyes: Brown
Build: Well built and muscular, a by-product of working on ships, clambering up and down rigging, hulking heavy things around and generally working hard for a living. Dashiel has strong, broad shoulders and a narrow waist. He does, in fact, cut a fine figure of a man.
Element: Nature // Water
Personality: The best word that could be used to describe this young man is ‘broody’. He rarely smiles and when he does it is only ever briefly. He is the epitome of the Angry Young Man: furious at the world for what he sees as his own misfortune, unable to accept that there’s not some sort of cosmic conspiracy against him. Everything is someone else’s fault, never his.
Skills: Intuit Direction, Swim
Feat: Precise Shot
Starting Equipment:
Posted Image Shortbow, Posted Image Arrows,
Posted Image Infravision

Detailed Description

Posted Image

Recently Purchased
Posted Image - Short Sword

Fira
Member Avatar

Ardians
I must tell you that this isn't really much of a shock to me. I mean, I guess I could just tell that Arda was starting to fall bit by bit.

This doesn't mean that I'm not sad. In fact, I'm upset that it all had to come to this. Yet, I also hope that it was all for the best.

I'm glad to have met all of the wonderful people that I did. You guys have filled my life with such an amount of joy and I looked forward to coming to this place everyday. It was an area of freedom where I was able to explore and work hard to gain more experience in writing.

If anyone still wants to keep in touch:
msn: summonerfira@hotmail.com
aim: summonerfira@aol.com
yim: mad_bookworm@yahoo.com
^ I use yim more than any of the others and frequently check my e-mail.

Also, send me a PM with any contact information that one wants to grant me. I would loathe to lose contact with such wonderful people.

This has been great and it's a shame that a topic led to all of this.

Best wishes to all,
Madalyn (Fira)

P.S. Cheers to those that did their best to stop the closing.

Edit: And I have a clarification question; though I know it's kinda a weird one to ask... =/ Is Arda being closed or deleted?
[align=center]
Posted Image

Fira Trist
Alignment: Lawful Good
Element: Light (Specialized: Stars)
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 147 lbs.
Dominant Hand: Left
Race: Half-Elven (Human)
Class: Sorceress

Posted Image
Divine Protector: Level Two

"May the Wind be at your side and the Stars light your path."

- Description -
- History -
- Journal -
- Inventory -
- The link that was once provided is broken. Fira's theme is titled DoLL by Terra from Dance Dance Revolution Supernova. -
-Wish List -

- The Gauntlet Society
- Fira's Reviews -
[/align]

Vivianne
Member Avatar

Ardians
;-; Loth is making everything disappear, isn't she.
This user, in a final display of protest against Arda being closed, will not post nor use the Cbox.

Perhaps because Loth flipped the off switch on both of them.

Other notable removal of privileges:
Paul(albeit he deserved it. Use of the Die Hard slogan)
Ita(Did not deserve it)

En Liradan
Foeirón
Level:
Five[/align]

[align=center]Need a guild? Open to good/neutral characters![/align]

Avatar Credit to Vau-deh-ux Juh-pih-tah.
Naiadtastic
Purse Woes
Theme - Forfeit

"We play the blaming game!" ~Chevelle

[align=center]"The fire that is encrusted in your veins throbs vehemently with that passion that is the Wyrm."[/align][align=right]DM2, Call of the Wild Topic 3[/align]

Recently Purchased

Sartana Misirlou
Member Avatar
Former Guardian of the Sun, ERPer
Ardians
Yup, so, it's over. Too bad Sartana never got to return... but I'll just say he found his way to another forum.

Speaking of forums, I'll be on one or both of these:

Daeluin - It's kind of a bleh site (drama + trolls, much?), but there's leveling and gold is distributed based on a post's word count, which is nice.

Found this? site today... lots of familiar faces. :D

Anyway, nice knowin' ya, peeps!
Posted Image

And so ended Arda...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Chat Box